Friday, December 07, 2007

Tag

I got tagged by Karla a while ago, so here are 6 things about me.

Oh ps- here are the rules:
A. The rules of the game are posted at the beginning.
B. Each player lists 6 facts/habits about themselves.
C. At the end of the post, the player then tags 6 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog.

Thing 1: I used to be a dancer. I love LOVE doing ballet, but pointe shoes gave me horrible blisters all over my feet. We weren't allowed to use any padding in our shoes so we could "feel the floor." I could feel it alright. My friend, Whitney, and I came up with an excellent form of foot therapy for our aching feet and blisters. Every night after a long ballet class we would go to my house and flush our feet in the toilet. (We would bleach it first of course.) I love the feeling of the cold water swirling around my toes. I have thought about trying it recently, but I just can't justify sticking my foot in there without sufficient injury first.


Thing 2: I have the gift of saying the perfectly wrong thing in all situations. My mouth gets going down I15 before my brain even backs out of the garage. I apologize to all of you that I have ever said these dumb, insensitive, naive things too. I'm sorry for being rude and for spilling your secrets. It just comes naturally to me. The latest example of my big mouth is this:

Last Sunday, I was helping my mom deliver neighbor gifts to her friends in the ward. I took one to a man in the ward that I really admire. He is divorced and takes care of his two little kids. I didn't expect him to remember me, but he did and he asked how "married life" was treating me. When people ask me this question I usually tell them that "I recommend it," just to be silly. When I said this to him, I immediately knew that it was the WRONG THING TO SAY. He just kind of chuckled and said, "Well, I like being married, she just didn't want to be married to me." I felt so stupid, rude and insensitive! Sorry cool guy from the ward- I will do better next time.


Thing 3: I have crazy bendy elbows. I was double jointed to start, but I broke my right arm when I was 7 and that helped it bend even more.



Thing 4: I got my first pair of glasses when I was in Preschool. By the time I was 7 the eye doctor told me that I had to go outside and play instead of reading books all the time because my eyes were so bad. By the time I was 10 I had the same prescription as my dad, and they said that they usually make this strong of prescriptions for people that wear bifocals (aka: not 10 year olds.) They told me that I had to get "hard" contact lenses to keep my eyes from getting any worse. Now, I am legally blind without my glasses or contacts.

Thing 5: When I was little I always wanted to have "Ariel bangs" just like the little Mermaid. Now I do!


Thing 6: I like to keep things nice, but I often take it an extreme. When I was in second grade, I got a big beautiful new box of crayons. I thought they were so cool that I didn't want to mess them up. I wouldn't use them and if I did, I would color very lightly and I would be sure to put them back in the same spot to keep them nice. I recently found my beautiful box of crayons. There were about 7 that had still never been used, and I am only missing one out of all original 96.



Thats all of my deep dark secrets. I tag Zak, Megan, Randy, and Heidi. I know that this is not 6 people, but My blogging world is small and I can't tag every one! Then there would be no game left.

10 comments:

Zak said...

Nutso second grader. I think its hilarious that we still have those crayons... and it is practically a new box.

Michelle said...

That is HILARIOUS ... the crayons, that is. I throw away so many crayons - and we use them like crazy too. Funny.

Your elbows are awesome!

Pam and Rand said...

I can't believe you used toilet therapy on raw sores. I'm glad you didn't get a horrible infection. Too funny! You are very cute. The crayon think is hillarious. I'm sure the bulk of my stuff got totally ruined when I was in 2nd grade. I'm still not super careful with things.

tiffany said...

very fun i bought some new crayons for primary recently the one girl in the class tells me v=evry time i bring the crayons that she loves new crayons probably becuse the crayons from the libray arent so good

Jaime said...

I love that you say the wrong thing at the wrong time. We have that in common (although I've never heard you say anything wrong).

I had no idea you were legally blind! You still rock at ping pong though. You and me, girlfriend!

mandi said...

Yeah, I had no idea you were blind, either! You hide it well.

That picture of you with your elbows and cute face made me laugh and think to myself, "I love Tiffany! She is so cute!" You ARE so cute. I'm glad Zak snatched you up.

Linz said...

Okay, you are too cute! I usually say the wrong thing all the time too.

That elbow thing is gross.=D

Love the crayon box!

Pam and Rand said...

Sorry to say that I totally relate to the crayon weird, obsessive compulsive deal. It is a curse... but your stuff stays nice. I think you are the cutest. Zak made a good decision to get married to you.

karla said...

You're so funny! Thanks for sharing with us!

Larry and Cindy said...

Hey Tiff The Red Head this is Auntie Cindy the (fake) redhead and I love my red hair but yours is to die for!!! I loved your 6 things, those elbows WOW, I am forever sticking my foot in my mouth too but when you are 56 you don't even realize it anymore!!! I wish I was like you with crayon's or anything else for that matter. I seem to make messes and Larry follows me around trying to keep our house in order. I'm 99.9% sure I am ADD or ADHD can you imagine how much I would weigh if I wan't hyper? Love ya cute...fun...girl. WAY TO GO ZAK, MY MAN!!! xoxoxoxo Auntie Cindy PS we missed you at the Christmas Party but we totally understand Larry, Lenny and our Ike usually always go to that game and sit with BYU fans and cheer for UNLV. Can you imagine that???