Last night I had to take a yucky stats test in the testing center. I was really worried about it. I didn't know what, or how to study for it so I just went in to take it. I had a real fear of missing every single question. I prayed that I would get at least one right so I wouldn't look like a total fool. I got in there and sat down. It took me a half an hour to do the first 10 questions (out of 67). I was very discouraged and planned to spend the rest of my existence sitting at that stupid desk. Then I came to one that I thought I understood and I heaved a sigh of relief. At least I got that one right. That was the only time I felt like I understood something the whole time.
When I was about half way through the test Zak called me and my phone started to ring. I think they can kick you out of BYU if that happens, especially if your ring tone is "Sexy Back" by Justin Timberlake.
When I finally got to the essay question at the end, I was thoroughly confused and I wanted to go home. I didn't understand the question at all, so instead of "calculating the answer and showing my work" I drew a picture and stuck some numbers in it and totally guessed an answer and made up a reason why it should be true. It was as good as saying "Here, Take these 14 points. I don't need them."
Then I ran home as fast as my legs would carry me.
The End.
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

12 comments:
That's so sad! I hate the testing center. I don't think I ever got an A in there.
Ah yes, the testing center. So torturous. Some might think that being given the choice of taking your test on Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday rather than your set class period would be a great idea but it's not. It just gives you more time to procrastinate and sit on the steps of the testing center cramming as much information as possible into your short term memory before you go regurgitate it onto your test and never think about it again. Only good test takers can like the testing center. I feel your pain.
Nice ring tone.
Sorry about the awful test! Those are always a bummer!
I've never experienced the "testing center". That's why you DON'T GO TO COLLEGE. Tiff - that sounds terrible. I hope you did ok.
PS - You all know I'm kidding and totally regret not going to college, right?
I was just talking to my BYU friends about the testing center and how badly we miss it. The luxery of taking tests whenever you feel like it (ready or not), having the choice to listen to music during tests and taking bathroom breaks without a procter breathing down your neck! I'm confident I would never be allowed to take another test here if my cell phone went off during a test ~ these people here make me miss the testing center at BYU. - Kent
That's why being a design major kicks a. I didn't step foot in the testing center for my last 3 years at BYU. I HATE that place. How are you supposed to concentrate with 10,000 people surrounding you???
So how did it go?
I published too quickly!! That would be luxury and proctor – oh.. how embarrassing!!!
That brought back some bad memories. I feel for you Tiff.
i would have paid to see the faces of the surrounding test takers when sexy back started going off. You should have busted out dancing in your seat. Maybe that would have improved the test taking exerience!
PS- Love the picture drawing at the end. Seriously.. I couldn't stop laughing and I want to see the TA's face when they go ti grade it. Sorry about the bummer class though!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TIFFANY!! We love you and think you're great.
Love, Paul and Mandi and Fam
I'm glad you had a great birthday. Sorry about the test. I also took a statistics class at BYU and I dropped out after about 6 weeks because it became so ridiculously hard to understand. It's the only class that I received an incomplete at BYU. So you are not alone in your disdain for this hard to relate to anything but nerd bate number crunchers class.
Post a Comment