My first brush with Zakness was when I was in 9th grade and he was a senior. My friend had a huge crush on this boy name Zak, that spelled his name in such a cool way. Name spelling is always an important factor in determining the guy you like. She told me how he would give her rides home from school and how much she liked him and how she was sure that he didn't like her back because she was only a Sophomore. She was right- he didn't like her back, poor girl.
We both went to Alta High School, but we didn't meet each other there. We know a lot of the same people, so its fun to swap stories.
We both decided to come to BYU at the very last second. Zak applied on the last day, and I was all set to go to BYU-Idaho until I had a freak out and changed everything 3 weeks before classes were supposed to start.
We both lived in Glenwood (where we ended up meeting) but we were in different wards. Zak was friends with someone in my ward and they came and sang in our sacrament meeting. I thought Zak was cute, but I told myself to stop being shallow at church ( I was in a bit of an anti-dating mood at the time). Just as I was scolding myself, my roommate leaned over to me and and whispered "He is so HOTT!" I had to agree.
When we met we both had the same model of an old crappy Dell laptop that we got for super cheap. Match made in Heaven.
After we were married things kept happening, like the time we parked our cars nose to nose in the Macey's parking lot. We didn't see each other until we were loading stuff into our cars and we realized that we must have been walking right next to each other for a while.
The greatest story yet happened last semester when we were in the Library between classes. I was working in the computer lab, minding my own business, when I looked at the person next to me to find that is was my handsome husband. We had been sitting next to each other for half and hour!
Happy ONE YEAR Zakkie! Its been a good one.


11 comments:
Happy Anniversary!!!! You two were made for each other!!!! Love those stories!
happy anniversary what a great love story
Oh my word - that library story is CLASSIC. You guys are very cute together. I'm glad you found each other. Great post!
You must be a couple of serious studiers! You are a way cute couple! I'm glad Zak found such a cute wife. Do you believe that you were lined up in heaven? I truly believe that Ike and Jen were for sure. It's so great to have such awesome daughter-in-laws! You are a great additions to our eternal family!
You are definetely meant to be together. I love that you sat next to each other for 30 minutes without seeing each other. That is too funny. Happy Anniversary!
hip hip hooray. having great husbands has got to be the greatest thing on earth! I loved the post. I agree that you and zak are mfoe. I keep telling kent that he should go into some sort of sports medicine or physical therapy type specialty so that he had zak could be partners and work together! it would be fabulous- and we would have a blast.
Yeah! How fun and I'm sure your meant for each other!
cute post tiff, i'm putting you on my friends list... so when you leave us i can still blogstalk you! ;)
I loved this blog - funny and cute. I am confused at how you can be next to each other and not notice - also, not notice one anothers car. You two really get focused don't you!
You guys are the funniest.
Hello!!! Cute! That was fun to see you on my blog... how do you know Melissa?
Fun stuff! Well happy anniversary!
Post a Comment