For our anniversary, Zak and I pulled the top layer or our wedding cake our of the freezer. I was ready to nibble on it and be grossed out. Year old cake is supposed to be gross, right? When we cut it, we were pleasantly surprised to see that it was our favorite kind of cake- PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP WITH CREAM CHEESE FROSTING! Whoever picked that flavor was really smart! (I did, I picked it, I'm smart).
The moral of the story is: That cake was amazing! It tasted so good, even after one whole year. I am just disappointed that I didn't get to tasted it in all of its freshly baked glory.


12 comments:
Fun. What was the rest of the cake? I remember it was good. I loved the food at your wedding.
yuuuuuummm! i want some! bring me a piece!
i don't remember having the cake at your wedding - i think i would have remembered pumpkin chocolate chip. delicious!!! you're very smart tiff.
After a year in the freezer I was so excited to eat our cake, but Ike wouldn't let me, punk. He threw it away. I was so mad. Why in the world did we let it occupy so much space in our teeny freezer for a year if he was just going to throw it away??
Um, no. I was the one who came up with the Pumpkin Chocolate chip idea. And yes, it was amazing. I felt like Elaine on Seinfeld when she ate that antique cake- except she wasn't aware of the old age...
our cake was also astounding! It was super moist and full of flavor (it was white chocolate lemon curd). It must be the fondant that keeps the goodness intact.
Mmmm - sounds a lot better than our 1 year old cake tasted (I guess I should have put something more than saran wrap on it to preserve it). :)
Yummy! That is one of dad and my fond memories - eating our year old cake. It was totally good. What is the deal with Ike? I didn't think he was such a germiphobe. We were pretty casual about germs in our house - too casual?
That was a good choice! Yummy! Who's idea was that really?
Our year old cake was surprisingly yummy too. I don't remember what kind it was though...
Mmmmmm! Glad it was good! Happy Anniversary!!
Yum!
Haha, you ARE smart--I don't care what Zak says. I'm glad that worked out for you. I've always wondered how the year old cake thing goes...
Yay! I just found your blog and it is SO cute! :) Keep up the good work! P.S. This is the blond Steph Purcell from the ward :)
Post a Comment