
I'm back! EFY was really fun. You can do crazy things as an efy counselor that you could never do anywhere else. I learned a ton about myself and other people. Each week definately had its ups and downs. One of the constant ups was that I always got girls that were good at lights out (more sleep for me!). One of the downs was eating food that tasted like my big toe dipped in ranch dressing. Here are some stories.
One week I had a girl from Saudi Arabia. When she would talk about her home she would say: "Back in Saudi we do it this way..." It was cute. She had grown up with some crazy stuff. She told me about one time when her house had been marked by terrorists because she was non-Arab and non-muslim.
The next week I had two sisters in my group. One of the girls was adopted from Haiti. They had 12 kids in their family and 4 were adopted.
Week three was my Rexburg week. I hope I never go to Idaho again.
My first week with the older group (16-18 years) was fun. I had some sassy girls that didn't want to be there, but I think they had a good time, and I got to be friends with them. That week we also had Miss Teen California in our group. She would walk around BYU campus in 4 inches of spike heels. Amazing.
My last week was fun because the group united really fast. We had an awesome group name- Thrash the Nations. On Friday we decided that we would celebrate everyone's birthday. We got a stereo going at lunch time and had a dance party that we called Club Thrash.
More pictures are posted on my efy blog, if you care to take a peek- tiffefy.blogspot.com

3 comments:
I'm so glad you're back! I'm also happy that you didn't die. Good job.
I must know more about the Idaho experience. What is it about Idaho that makes you not want to return? I think Idaho has a culture of it's own.
Wow - EFY sounds exciting - never a dull moment. Your food sounds extra enjoyable - No wonder you look so thin in your picture. Miss CA will probably be having major foot surgery at age 30- oh the price of vanity! The thrashers do sound fun - I think I would relate more to those kind of personalities. A cute little 13 year old in our ward went on and on about how awesome EFY was - the best experience of her life! Cute. It must have been because of the great leadership.
Post a Comment