Friday, September 15, 2006

Chocolate Fast

It is day 15 of my separation from my favorite substance on earth. Zak talked me into being chocolate free for one month. We are also not eating fast food and carbonation. I don't know if I am going to make it. Everywhere I go there is chocolate. The first day of class, my professer passed around a bag of snickers. I went home to Draper for dinner and there was a pan of warm brownies waiting for me. I went back to my apartment later that night and there was another pan of chewy, yummy brownies along with a plate of chocolate chip cookies (with the big milk chocolate chips). Last night at midnight, my roommate decided that she needed ice cream and that I needed to go with her. When we got there we had the choice between chocolate or strawberry. The textbook for my adult development class compared aging to different types of CHOCOLATE. I went to class today and I sat through 20 minutes of my professer talking about how chocolate can be good for you because it is high in antioxidents and how some people believe that eating chocolate can slow the aging process.

I have a problem. I know. But thinking that I can't eat chocolate makes me want it even more. I have been compensating by eating peanut butter and sugary candy that I didn't used to eat. I think the plan is backfiring.

9 comments:

Jeni said...

Don't do it, Tiffanie! It's not worth it! No woman should ever be asked to make such a sacrafice. (I should give up carbonation and fast food though).

Here's another one: I heard yesterday (on a highly reputable daytime talk show) that chocolate is also actually good for your teeth! It has something in it that does the exact opposite of sugar or something.

Zak said...

Stay strong Tiff, don't give into Jeni's temptations!

heidi said...

Oh no Tiffanie, I feel like the no brownie thing is my fault. I couldn't do it. Sorry!

(It's funny how much people have been talking about chocolate since you started this! Maybe it's a sign that it's really okay to eat)

tiffanie said...

See Zak, its good for your teeth!

Last night I had a dream that I hated chocolate. It was horrible!

A random lady at blockbuster said that you have to give up chocolate when you breastfeed babies. Is this true? I am concerned.

Pam and Rand said...

You don't have to give up any food when you nurse - babies do fine from any food. It would crack me up though, when the baby would have garlic breath after I had eaten pizza or something like that.

Remember the dinner in the movie Chocolat when everything had chocolate in it. Yummy! I wouldn't last without my handful of Guittard chocolate chips to keep me going. You just can't compare hamburger and chocolate - chocolate is good for you and hamburger is not! No contest Zak!

Jaime said...

I love the movie Chocolat - it not only has the best looking chocolate, but also the best looking actor. ummmmm... Johnny Depp & chocolate. I'm going to need to watch that tonight.

CHOCOLATE RULES!!!

tiffanie said...

Hey Zak, I have a new rule: After this month is over we are going to watch Chocolat and eat brownies with hot fudge and ice cream. Deal? Good idea? yes.

payne8 said...

Chocolate is a really good thing. Have you ever craved original M & M's oh man are they good! good luck but I think it is pointless to not eat chocolate... What does Zak give you for special occasions? Jelly Beans? I think not.

Jaime said...

When is your chocolate fast over? I have something for you (and no it isn't chocolate, zak) for being SO STRONG.