Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Trick or Treat?

So, Zak told me today that he has been trick-or-treating every year of his life so far. That's a lot of years and a lot of candy. It made me think about my own short Trick-or-Treating career. I was not allowed to go beg for candy when I turned 13, and it was a fight to go when I was twelve years old. I was invited to stay home and hand out candy to all of my friends. (woe is me)

I would hide behind the door while my dad lectured all of the teenage guys that would come trick-or-treating without costumes. He would tell them to come back when they were "dressed properly." They usually came back about a minute later with some face paint and messy hair.

A few years later it wasn't so bad to skip the candy and go to parties. I had a friend that always had a great Halloween Party.

Now I am the ultimate of lame on Halloween. I am sitting at work blogging while the rest of the world is collecting and sorting candy. I crimped my hair so it is all poofy, and if anyone asks what I am supposed to be I tell them that I am Tiffany (the redheaded 80s rock star, "I think we're alone now...").

9 comments:

Jaime said...

You are awesome Tiffanie! Just wait until you have kids and you will be able to make up for all of the missed trick or treating.

I went trick or treating when I was 17 and it was one of the funniest nights of my life. We tried to dress up so no one would recognize us, but we were laughing so hard everyone did.

DadRand said...

As long as you are willing to wear a costume, I don't have a problem with older trick or treaters. We all have a little kid inside, and want to hang on to those days. Zak still looks in his Christmas sock on Christmas morning to see what Santa has brought, so I'm not suprised that he is still trick or treating. It seems that when you get into your mid twenties that it might be time to call it quits-- just a thought.

I'll bet you're a really cute Tiffanie from the 70's.

heidi said...

80's Dad.

Did Zak really go this year? Only he can get away with that.

mandi said...

I went trick or treating when I was about 15. We were dressed up, but everyone gave us so much crap for being too old that it wasn't even worth it. Jerks.

Yeah, Halloween is lame until you have your own kids. Except for Zak, of course.

Jeni said...

Yay! A new blog! I think the last time I trick-or-treated was in junior high and it was basically so my friends and I could go walking around at night with boys.

Zak said...

ALAS. My record has been spotted. (Not counting mission years, of course). I didn't go trick or treating this year. Not a single bar of candy given to me under utterances of dissaproval. How dark this day is.

tiffanie said...

Whatever Zak. We went to the Jeffs and ate their candy. That counts... kinda

heidi said...

I bought TONS of candy...not very good candy and we were gone, so I just left it out on the porch. NONE of it was gone when we got home. I'm bringing it to you Zak. It's all yours.

Pam and Rand said...

I'm so proud of you for crimping your hair! The inner child is longing for Halloween fun - although I must admit, though you handled the party well you seemed a bit freaked out by the large group. A larger party spot would be good. I don't know if dadrand would approve it for our house though.