Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Being Engaged


Soo guess what.... I'm engaged! It became official at 9:51pm on Saturday, December 23, 2006. (Zak's watched stopped) We went on a nice date in Park City where we went ice skating (just like our first date) and out to dinner. After dinner we drove up around Deer Valley and got to a place in the road where you could look out over Park City. We danced in the street to some good old Ben Folds, and the next thing I knew, I was holding 2 dozen red roses and he was down on one knee.

When I got home to tell my family they were all sitting on one couch watching Father of the Bride at the part when Annie tells her family that she is engaged. (Haha very funny family.) They, apparently knew what Zak had been planning.

Wedding plans have been ok so far, with a few... kinks, but everything will come together. We have the Bountiful Temple at 10:00am, and our reception will be at Market Street Grill at Cottonwood. Its fun because the manager at Cottonwood let me have input on what color of flowers will be planted on the patio and one of the chefs is excited to cater for it and has said that he will do pretty much anything we ask for.

Thanks for all of your help and support so far! It is much appreciated. Only 106 more days!

4 comments:

Jeni said...

106 days! What in the world! That's an eternity. You guys should definitely get married next month. (Just kidding. I heard about some of the "kinks" so I'm just poking fun). I'm so excited for all the festivities. I love weddings. So, we're throwing you a bachelorette party/Rasmussen-girls-night out right? Or at least a shower.

Pam and Rand said...

We definately will have a shower - Tiff - pick a day in April so we can start planning. I'm so excited about Market Street - I think that will really be a great place to have it. I love the Bountiful Temple - 3 months will go by fast - although 106 days does sound long. We'll see you this Sunday for Z's big B-day party!

Jaime said...

That is so sweet! Your family is so cute to do that. I'm excited to meet them all! Market Street will be awesome- even cooler that it will have your color of flowers!

We definetely need to go shopping and out to dinner or something with all of the girls. We can look for little dresses for all of the nieces. They are going to LOVE that.

mandi said...

Wow - that sounsd perfect! That's really awesome, Tiffany. Good job on the updating!