Zak and I have started watching a show called Kid Nation. I LOVE IT. They took 40 kids to an abandoned mining town in New Mexico and let them organize themselves. they are given challenges to complete to earn money and social status. I love watching them figure things out and how they work together, and how they deal with problems that arise. Last night's challenge was how they would handle religion in their city. Some of the kids were surprisingly religious and brought up a lot of good points when they were trying to organize a religious meeting that would please everyone.some child psychologists argue that this isn't good for the kids and that it breaks child labor laws because the kids have to do work, like clean the toilets and cook their own food, to keep the town running. I think it is super interesting to watch though. Sorry, this isn't the best pictue, but it is of Bonanza City, where the kids live. Its on CBS on Wednesdays at 7.

4 comments:
I miss LOST.
Is it as good as that?
I miss LOST too. this show is a different kind of good... sigh.
Very different from Lost. Entertainment value with Kid Nation is heartwarmingness, funnyness, and interestingness. Lost is just awesome in every respect.
Yay! It's on tonight - I think I'll give it a try. Sounds very interesting.
Post a Comment