I love my major, but it has poisoned me. I am in a social and personality development class that has ruined the way I look at people. I can't watch little kids play without analyzing what TYPE of play it is. I can't talk to an adolescent without wondering if they play to an "imaginary audience" or whether they are acting out their own "personal fable." You can usually tell by the way they act, which one it is. I love watching movies like Stepmom, Mean Girls, and Antwone Fisher because they deal with the things that I am learning about in all of my classes.
I love my classes and I am almost finished. I could graduate in August (yippie!) But lately, I have had this great idea that I should take on a double major. What do you think? I would pick up a major in Home and Family Living (the cooking, sewing, interior design major), and I could probably graduate by December 2008. Am I crazy or should I go for it while I still can?
Tuesday, October 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
GO FOR IT! The more school, the better (This coming from a SLCC dropout).
You need to help me with my kids. Analyze and then tell me what to do! haha. My kids LOVE you!
CRAZY!!!! j/k. School is just really hard. Go for it now - before the kids come ... you'll never regret it.
I want my kids analyzed too. What info do you need? :)
Go for it. That sounds like a fun double major too. Definitely.
Do it!! I miss school so much! I can't wait for the kids to get into school so I can start again! (I want an MBA!)
tiff.. do it. especially if you'll be taking those classes. I looked at them as laughable when I was in school. I know, rude and terrible, but it's the truth. now I'd love to have taken some of them.
For sure - you need to go for the double major. It's less than a year more - that is nothing!
Man! I wish I could sew, cook, and do interior design under the guise of "my major!"
Post a Comment