Friday, June 22, 2007

Boring

I like my job, but lately all of the athletes have gone home for the summer. That leaves me with nothing to do. This is what I do all day at work.

8:05- Get to work. Because I am there before my boss I finish doing my makeup.

8:15-Read the news paper and cut out anything positive about BYU athletics. Lately the only thing about BYU has been the mop slinging incident involving a track star and a pedestrian (more on that another time.)

8:30- Write in my Journal. Boredom can give way to positive habits.

9:00- Read the blogs.

9:15- Chat online.

9:20- Paperwork

9:23- Read some stuff. Lately it has been Angels and Demons, but I am open to suggestions.

11:00- Watch online TV. Lost, the Office, according to Jim, or Ex-Wives Club (I'm not sure how I feel about this show. It is the kind of thing I study in my major and I don't know if I like their methods.)

12:00- Ask my boss if there is anything going on that I can help with.

12:01- Ask my boss's boss if there is anything going on that I can help with.

12:02- Read the blogs.

12:05- Write a blog.

12:20- Clean the office.

12:25- Eat lunch.

12:35- Read Stuff

2:00- Take a "lunch break." This is the most productive time of my day.

3:00- Get the mail. Everytime I walk down the stairs I count as workout time, so I don't get the mail on my way in from "lunch break." I go up to my desk, get the key, and walk back down the 3 flights of stairs to the mailbox. Then back up the stairs.

3:05- Read stuff

4:50- Clean office, close doors and turn off lights.

4:55- Play Solitaire in the dark.

5:00- Leave work.

If you made it this far, congratulations and thank you for reading. Please lend me suggestions for making the work day go by more quickly.

7 comments:

Pam and Rand said...

Ha ha ha - this is a very funny blog. Trying to stay busy is hard. A whole 1/2 hour writing in the journal is impressive. I bet by the end of the summer you'll have your whole life history done. I'm surprised you can stretch the blog reading so long - it's been kind of dry blogging world lately. We need Jaime & Heidi to get going! Blogging is my break and regrouping time at work - so I know how greatful I am for an update! Playing Solitare in the dark - how funny. One redeeming thing is that summer's fly by super fast. This one may seem eternally long to you though. Good Luck!

Pam and Rand said...

Tiff: I can totally relate! On a Saturday afternoon around 2:00, the temple would become very, very, quiet and I would start trying to find things to do. You're lucky you can watch internet TV and do some reading. I agree with the boredom can help you develop good habits. I would go to the LDS Gospel Library and read anything that looked the least bit interesting. I actually learned alot of good gospel information while being bored. I wonder how your bosses stay busy. They probably take a 2 hour racketball lunch or something. Trying to stay busy is much harder than having something to do. I hope you can handle a whole summer of this. We'll look forward to many blogs generated from extreme boredom. Thanks for sharing your awesome day.

Maddie said...

Sorry, but what exactly is your job?

tiffanie said...

Pam- Yes, I try to stretch the blog reading, but it has been kinda boring lately. GET UPDATING PEOPLE.

Rand- Thats exactly what they do, 2-3 hours of tennis, or golf, or "football camp" (they are coaches for the little league boys).

Maddie- I am a secretary for the BYU athletic academic center. I just make sure that the athletes get good grades and study and stuff. But since they are all gone for the summer, it is pretty slow.

Maddie said...

Cool. Do you get a summer vacation?

Jaime said...

I remember those long, boring days. That's when I started learning how to scrapbook. I would do cute things on the computer and cut and paste all day long. It's impossible to just sit with nothing to do! Good luck!

mandi said...

Can I send a couple kids over to occupy your time? ENJOY THE BOREDOM NOW WHILE YOU HAVE IT. Seriously.