Monday, June 04, 2007

Random Thoughts on Being Married

Since Zak has forbidden me from posting my new favorite picture of him, I will just give you the visual. Ahem:

The day we got back from our honeymoon Zak stepped out of the shower and was wearing my little green towel dress. It is a towel that you wrap around yourself and it has straps so it hangs on your shoulders. It was quite the outfit.

Being married is fun. Its like one big long date. Zak is better at being a wife than I am. I will come home from work and the house will be clean and dinner will be sitting on the table waiting for me. I try to cook but I always seem to screw something up. For example on Saturday night I decided to make brownies. As I was getting the stuff out I was remembering the timeI forgot to put the eggs in the mix and thinking, "Brownies- I GOT this! I can totally make brownies." As I was mixing the stuff together (yes, it was from a box) It didn't look right. I dumped it in the pan and it didn't smear around right. Then I realized that I forgot the water (of all things. There are only 3 ingredients to add, how difficult should this be?) So I decided that it would mix faster if I just put the water in the pan with the rest of the goo. This did not work. Then I dumped the muddy water and the mound of goo back into the bowl and salvaged the browines. Problem solved. But who creates problems like that anyway? Just me.

The only thing that I have cooked without the use of a brownie mix or a toaster oven during my month of marriage is chicken enchiladas. They were ok, but not amazing. The chicken came from a can- does that count? I need easy recipes and lots of practice so I don't starve my new husband.

6 comments:

Jaime said...

hahahaha! I'm glad I'm not the only bad cook. Jed always tells people he wishes he could go out to dinner every night. rude. I have a whole cook book of very easy recipes. I will bring it next on-Sunday and you can see if there is anything worth trying. Good luck!
PS - just post that cute green outfit picture... we're all family.

Pam and Rand said...

Tiff you are hillarious! I'll have to admit that Zak isn't too bad in the kitchen. That dinner with did for your mom and dad was largely Zak's cooking. I don't have time to cook anymore - so quick and easy are for me.

Jaime - you do fine cooking - tell Jed to shut his pie hole!

heidi said...

You are so perfect for our family! Maybe we should have a recipe blog. I am the worst - I forget about dinner until Gary gets home and asks about it and then I just throw random things together - he comes from a family of amazing cooks too, so it's bad news.

I love your brownie story. I can totally see myself doing that. Classic.

mandi said...

Post that picture NOW. I love this post - I'm so glad you're back with us Tiffany! I love your brownie story - I can really relate. The other day I was making sugar cookies for my friend's shower and wondered why it was so creamy at the end. I realized I had put twice as much butter. So then I tried to make it a double recipe, but it just turned out to be crap. I had to throw it all out. DOI!

Maddie said...

Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich
-2 breads
-Knife with peanut butter on it
-Jelly in a spoon

Put peanut butter on one bread and jelly on the other bread.

Does that help much? No.

Maddie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.