Thursday, July 19, 2007

Not Funny

I have a gift. It is called: the gift of saying the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time. For example: (one of the many examples I am accumulating...)

One Sunday evening at my In-Laws' house, we started talking about pets. Heidi was saying how she got paid $20 to take their childhood dog to be put to sleep. She was saying how she didn't think it would be hard, but ended up crying because it was so sad to see Woody go. I can totally understand, I love my pets too. It would be so crappy to have to send them to their death. BUT instead of saying this, I open my big fat trap and say "Gee didn't Kent have a job one time when he was the guy that euthanized the animals? Yeah he said they just shoved em all in a chamber and gassed em."

Great Tiffanie. I am so cold hearted. Sometimes my mouth gets going down the highway before my brain can even back out of the garage. I am so sorry!

8 comments:

heidi said...

It wasn't bad at all to say it. It was bad of Kent to shove all those poor, helpless animals into a gas chamber! How did you do that Kent???

Jeni said...

Hahaha. That really was not that bad though. I definitely have the foot-in-mouth disease and when it's coupled with the sarcasm gene it's not pretty.

Pam and Rand said...

Tiffany - you did not offend. It was quite enlightening and the guilt of putting poor little Woody out of his misery (and convincing Heidi to be the bad guy) will always be there anyways. (Maybe a little worse now).

Don't dis Kent - I feel bad for the ones working in the humane society. I hope it toughened you up for the medical field ahead!

Jen - I always worry that you are offended by Rand & my sarcasm. I keep trying to subdue my tongue - but it isn't easy! I'm glad to know that you too have the sarcasm gene.

heidi said...

I'm totally kidding, Kent. I hope you know that. I think it's terrible in a funny sort of way.

heidi said...

Funny and sad sort of way.

I'll stop talking now.

mandi said...

I thought it was funny, Tiffany! And you're right, Heidi. In a sad way. Don't censor yourself around us- we can take it!

Kent and Leisy said...

It was totally the best job ever by the way. Especially when the German Shepherd nearly ripped my arm off right before he got gassed. And then I was giggling hysterically and rubbing my hands in a diabolical sort of way. Leisy still calls me the animal Nazi. The worst day of the job: We euthanized the wrong dog and the sobbing owner asked for the carcass. I had to single handedly dig through all the frozen animals until I found his dog. I'm just glad I got into med school. Those application building jobs were rough.

Jaime said...

Love the comments! Tiffanie - I can't believe you felt bad about that! I thought it was funny about Kent.

Kent - that is super sad! What a job.