
(Left to right: Kelsey, Jen, Sarah, Amanda, Nancy and me.)
Do we look like college freshmen living in the dorms? Yeah, we sure do. This post is dedicated to Kelsey, Jen, Sarah, Amanda, and Nancy of Robison Hall, apartment 128, 2004-2005. We were all so different from each other, it is amazing that we, not only didn't kill each other, but became good friends.
Nancy and I shared a bedroom, and we were polar opposites. For example: (If you know me at all, you will understand!) She was from Arkansas and grew up on a hog farm. Her family didn't eat chocolate- she never really explained to me why, other than it was just a family thing that they did. I had my side of the room plastered in black and white photos, but she said that she liked plain white walls. She went to bed at 10:00pm on the dot every night. (I was lucky to be in bed by 1am back then. There were some nights that I went out at 1am.). She went grocery shopping once in September and once in October and not again until March or April. She kept 5 giant bags of flour under her bed as food storage. Once she hid a barrel of dirt and carrots from her brother's garden in her closet hoping that I wouldn't see them and freak out.
We used to stay up late and read the graffiti under our bookshelves to each other. Nancy always gave really good advice. I am glad that we were friends, even though compared to her, I was a skanky, lazy, party girl with an attitude.
I am still good friends with all of these girls. Jen got married 4 days before me and we planned similar pink and green weddings, both in the Bountiful Temple. Amanda is on a mission in Porto Rico. Sarah and Kelsey lived in Europe this last spring. Its so cool that we are all growing up and doing the things that we had been talking about and planning back when we lived together.

2 comments:
Fun! I love reading graffiti!
I often think of you as a skanky, lazy, party girl.
Aaaah, roommates. There is such a love/hate relationship with them. I think it's good to experience that too. Now you've made me want to write about mine.
Post a Comment