Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tiffanie The Gourmet Chef and Zak the Starving Man

Zak likes to eat yummy food, so I have made it my mission to create yummy food for us to consume. I was so motivated in the beginning. I went through all my cook books and called my mom for recipes. Then I made a shopping list and bought actual ingredients- not microwavables (strange). The first night that I tried a new recipe I tried a Broccoli casserole that sounded easy. I thought I would get creative and add some chicken. I soon realized that my frozen broccoli wasn't the right cut for this particular dish, but I shrugged and pressed on. as I was putting it in the pan I realized (surprise surprise) that I had forgotten one of the main ingredients. So of course I just tossed a little sour cream into the pan. I couldn't put it all back in the bowl to mix it in like a normal person, no I just smeared it around on top. Zak walked by and asked what I was doing and why I was laughing. I told him that is was because dinner looked like Fear Factor. We insisted on calling if Fear Factor for the rest of the week.




I have also been trying to find the Perfect Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe. I have tried 3 different times now and all of them have failed. Some were to hard. Some were to salty, some tasted like cardboard. Let me know if you have any advice.

Sometimes I get these weird ideas in my head and I just have to try them out. For example, this weekend I went out and bought a 30 pound watermelon, some cantaloupe and grapes, carried it all up to my third floor apartment and cut it up with cookie cutters. I was just curious to see if it would work and it totally did. Zak and I had fun making little fruit flowers and making a HUGE sticky mess of our whole entire house. It was great fun. We now have about 29.75 pounds of watermelon in our refrigerator for just the two of us.


For more episodes of Tiffanie the Kitchen Disaster, go here.

6 comments:

Kent and Leisy said...

fear factor doesn't look too shabby, i'd love the recipe! and i gave up on cookies. mine are always burnt or flat or nasty. kent makes amazing cookies so I just let him do it.

Pam and Rand said...

The fruit bouquet is darling! Fear factor doesn't look bad - Good luck, your efforts look good to me.

karla said...

Love, love, love the fruity flowers! I've done plenty of cookie recipe experimenting myself with plenty of failures. I think it's part of being a wife/homemaker!

mandi said...

Those flowers are way cute! Good job Tiff - at least you're trying, you little homemaker, you!

Jaime said...

I love that you made a fruit bouquet. That is the cutest! Your fear factor doesn't look too bad... Soon you will find easy stuff that works, and you'll make it once a week for the rest of your life. Have fun while you have the energy!

Linz said...

Nice job cooking!
I have a great cookie recipe!!! Here it is -

1 cup Crisco (I like the butter flavor)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cups brown sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 cups flour
chocolate chips
bake 8 - 10 min at 375*

They are yummy! Good luck!