Its time for another episode of "My Crappy Apartment, the College Edition." Just kidding the whole apartment wasn't that bad. It was just crappy because the place was older than I am, and it still had the original mattresses. After the "remodel job" it was advertised as "Park City style lodging." This had me rolling on the floor laughing. The comment was made that the next thing we knew, they were going to put sand around the pool at the Riviera and call it a beach house.
It seems fitting that I do a post in honor of the place Zak and I met. We have lots of good memories of or time there, like the time Zak threw me in the pool, and the time the floor of the lounge collapsed. We spent so much time sitting on broken couches, cooking with crumbling stoves, and sitting in the hot tub of boiling chlorine that we practically own the place. We figured out that between the two of us, with Zak's three years and my two and a half years living there that we paid about $10,000 in rent. That is so gross.
I had 12 roommates during my time in Lodge 70. Chelsea, Amanda, Erica, Katheryn, Liz, Jessie, Blanca, Jen, Jessica, Brittany. Louise, and JoAnna. When you look at it like that, it seems like I chased them all away with my bad breath or something. (Or maybe my alarm clock in the mornings.)
Here are some good things/knowledge that came from my Glenwood roommates: I got out of a $70 library fine (Blanca). I realized that I will naturally never fit into a D (Jessie). I know Yoga better than most people (Amanda). The trunk of my car can fit 3 adults comfortably (Me, Jen, and Amanda). Harry Potter is awesome (Jen). Its ok to change your major 16 times per semester (Chelsea). The Office is possibly one of the greatest television programs of our day (Brittany). Some people are not morning people, and morning doesn't start until 4pm (Brittany). Its ok to work out to Christmas music in September (Jessica). Laughing is better than talking (Kathryn).


3 comments:
I can't believe that we spent that much at Glenwood together. Gross.
We could have just purchased a very nice tent and lived in the mountains.
You can't figure out money stuff like that. It will give you ulcers. Like, how much $ Jed spends on toys that he never uses... It's sickening. Anyways, I love hearing about you before I met you. I didn't know you knew yoga! You need to teach me!
Howdy Chica!
I wanted to say hi.. But don't have your email address. so I thought i'd say hi here.. We had a lot of fun playing games.. Bobby and I get excited when we find people that both of us like both people in the couple.. Cheesy I know.. But we should do it again sometime. You can email me at megan.leigh.porter@gmail.com :)
Post a Comment