Today is my half birthday! I am 20 and 1/2 years old, wow that kinda sounds like a lot of years. In high school, my friends and I would celebrate our half birthdays by giving each other half eaten candy bars, or karate chopped cookies. Once I was even given half of a birthday card. Wow we were nerdy!
This means that I am only six months away from turning 21. 21 is another one of those milestone ages. When you are 8, you are baptized, and at 12 you graduate from Primary. When you turn 16 you can date and drive, at 18 you can vote and get arrested. 19 is when guys are sent off on missions, and in my family, age 20 is when you are officially "welcomed home" from your horrible teenage years of dismemberment from the family. Age 21 is when you can legally take food or drink any where in the house or car and not get in trouble at home. Age 21 is that golden time when you get to CHOOSE not to drink. To be honest, I never, EVER imagined myself at age 21. That's how old my mom was when I was born. I am not mature enough for that kind of responsibility, and here I am rapidly approaching an age when maturity is expected. That kinda freaks me out.
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Happy half birthday!! 21 is a fun age - I had been married for 2 years at 21. Now that's scary. Me & Jed went to Las Vegas for his 21st birthday and we were too scared to leave our hotel room. We were the biggest nerds!! Have a fun day!
Hahahaha... 21 sounds so young to me now... I am turning into an old man- all the rest of you are probably seething at the fact that we early 20 year olds are 'freaked out' by our many years.
I've almost hit my 1/2 B-day again for 100+ time. YIKES!! The years fly by fast enough without counting 1/2 b-days. In fact why bring up age at all???????????
I like the 1/2 candy bar idea though - if we apply it to my age maybe I could eat 1/2 of an M&M.
Now my own baby thinks 21 sounds young - this is a sad commentary.
You've still got a few good years of no big responsibilities! Live it up.
Post a Comment